Thursday, February 7, 2013

TEN THINGS I HAVE BEEN UP TOO

K reading to M.  So cute!
1.  A visit from my brother:  November my brother came for a visit.  It was wonderful.  I got to meet my niece for the first time!  She is so cute!  K loved playing with her cousins and being a big sister to M and A.  I loved seeing my brother.  I made me miss him even more!  I wish he didn't live so far away.  But, we made plans to see each other at least twice a year now!  Lets hope we can.  The visit brought all kinds of emotions for me, but that is for another post.


2. Around Christmas, K and I decided that we missed the snow so much that we had to make our own.  We decided since we where studying chemical reactions that Ivory Soap in the microwave was the best substitute.  Of course if you have EVER tried this, you will know, it is a MESS!  We had soap sprinkled EVERWHERE!  But, it was a lot of fun and so fun to play with in the shower!  I think "exploded" about 15 bars!


3.  We made a very "spare of the moment trip" to Disney World to see all the holiday decorations!  It was so fun.  I must say it was one of my favorite trips.  One of the reasons I love going there is just before my mother died(literally about two weeks before) she went there for a convention with my dad for work.  They had a tiny plate made in front of this "giant golf ball."  So, in a way, it is like going to their memorial.  It is a great picture of my dad and mom, so happy.  It makes me happy!  I miss them so much!  K misses my dad too! But, since it is such a happy picture, in such a happy place, it reminds me to be happy!


4.  December 1:  Jim and I celebrated our first transplant anniversary.  It was fun.  We went to Totem and watched Chinese girls flip tea cups and saucers on their heads while ridding tall unicycles.  I have finally started to feel better, it is amazing that I feel it took me a year to recover.  Sometimes I still feel like I am recovering.  It was a hard year!
5.  Christmas!  We had a nice Christmas.  I love our tree, but it is fake.  This is hard for me.  First, I hate fake trees.  I grew up in Oregon and we NEVER had a fake tree.  Second, I have decided fake trees are not good for my type A personality.  I have a tendency to think they should look perfect, but alas, they don't.  Then they look plastic. A real tree, you can accept imperfection, but with fake you are deceived into believing that it should be perfect.  Oh well, I love my ordainments.  Each one represses something.  In fact, the two doves near the top where on our wedding cake!
6.  Christmas was fun!  Nothing like a princess shooting a bow and arrow!
7.  New Year!  It was fun.  We now have the tradition of watching "old" movies.  You know the ones you remember as a kid.  Last year it was Superman and Back to the Future.  This year it was the Star Wars Trilogy.  As you can see our Little Lucy, is not so little anymore.  In fact, yesterday she got spayed and I coughed up the big $ to have it laparoscopic, I hope her recovery time is less and she is back being K's little sister soon!
8.  I have been trying to obtain my New Year's resolution to get my photo's in order, but spent 2 DAYS--yes, 2 DAYS on the computer trying to get my programs to work.  Atlas, they aren't.  I just have to get a new computer.  UGH.  I am beyond frustrated.  I love to take pictures.  This is a major problem!  HOUSTON, we have problem.  So, I spent more $ and bought one that can handle my pictures.  So here is to 2013 and many scrapbooks and pictures!
9.  My brother-in-law came for the weekend, which meant, my in-laws came for the weekend.  It was so stressful and full of torture.  First, the brother-in-law stated that their is NOTHING you can do for prostate cancer. That he is "just going to die of it, before getting checked."  Well, this is not really a nice thing to say to a person that, had a father die of it a year ago and watched him suffer.  But, my brother-in-law is very narcissistic.  In fact, we had to hear (suffer) through, not one, but two concerts of him playing the guitar.  Now, I wouldn't mind this if they were NEW SONGS!  But, this guy has been playing the same songs since K was two.  That is eight years people!  And the songs are so, down.  Plus, no John Denver. But, the best part was the comment my father-in-law made while he gave us his second concert.  "Too bad non of the grandchildren are here to hear you play."  Yeah, K was right there.  UGH!  He was probably getting her back for correcting his English!  lol.  He said "ain't" and she was right on him!  Kinda of embarrassed, but, glad she is learning something!
10.  We went to DC!  Yes, we went for the inauguration.  It was so fun.  We didn't have tickets, but walked down there early in the morning and saw Obama and his family riding to the inauguration.  We could see the Capital from where we stood in the parade line too.  So we could hear him and then the crowded and then it was broadcast over the loud speaker.  We also went to the Spy Museum, Natural History Museum, US History Museum (my favorite), and saw the Constitution.  It was fun!  Now back to reality and taxes.
I hope 2013 is filled with adventure!  I know it has started off very fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment